Sunday 2 November 2008

Sorry

It's been a while since I updated this blog not really because I have nothing to say but I was formulating my new video blog and still have not got round to making it yet. So I thought I should give you a general update instead.

OK I worked nights last week in my job, we had to remove an old roof from the local whiskey factory. The thing is that removing the roof is done during the night and I believe that night is the time God intended us to sleep not work but nevertheless I went and did my bit, 10 hours night shift of manual heavy labour. Now from doing the job all week I have concluded that this is exactly the kind of work that you imagine criminals should be doing once they have been given their prison sentence.. Seriously I reckon this is exactly the kind of hard labour in chain gangs they should be doing. Now I don't mind riding the little dump trucks across the roof but lifting hundreds of squares of cut up fibreglass/felt/pitch is just nasty and that pitch dust burns!
But my not being one to complain I'll just muddle on and get on with it for now. Hopefully that job that would be more rewarding will come along in due course.

Tara has got a few hours with a company called 'Nurses next door' hopefully this will lead to more hours but things in this field of work seem to take forever to get moving like another company 'Christian Horizons' have been in contact with her since before we left Norn Iron and they have given her an interview on Nov 14 and they think this is normal oh and that's only the first interview after that they ask you for another so maybe she might get a job with them before Christmas but I wouldn't hold my breath.

The kids are settling well. Bekah and Gaby are getting used to school and singing 'Oh Canada' every morning. Both seem to be enjoying school as much as they ever did, so that means Bekah loves it and Gaby hates it. So things are good. Hope is Hope happy as Larry (whoever he was).

The in-laws have headed of on Vacation for 3 weeks today. Driving down to Florida. so we have the responsibility of keeping everything together here in Belle River. We have been given all our instructions so we should be fine.

Oh and the kids went Trick or Treating on Friday. Now I wish we had this level of professionalism in handing out candy to kids at Halloween. If they outside lights are off you don't go to the house. As it was such a nice night most people in our sub division sat with their garage doors open handing out the treats.
Now we only let are kids go to the houses in our street and they still managed to fill a carrier bag full with goodies. Crazy, some kids seem to make to come from all around the county filling pillow cases with junk. Our kids are still high on sugar.
You should also see the level of decoration that now goes on with house illuminated with lights and pumpkins and gardens turned into graveyards. CRAZY!!

Think that'll do you for now!

No comments: