Thursday 9 October 2008

Hi-Ho

it's off to work I go!

After a week long drive of handing out my resume and looking on the net for job opportunities I sent my resume to a roofing company. There was not much detail on the ad it just said general labourers (5). So I decided that I was general enough enough to fit the bill. The ad said hand your resume in person or fax it. So not wanting either of those options I called them up and spoke to someone to get a suitable email address and for them to fully appreciate the charm of the Ulster accent. Anyway I sent it in and then headed out into the mildness of fall in Windsor, when we got home there was a message from Mike Raugh (head buck cat) of Raugh roofing. He left a number for me to call him back so I was about to do that this morning when the phone rang and it was him again (my resume is THAT impressive) so he told me that I was more than qualified for this general role and that the pay was low. As I am more interested in getting some experience over here that did not deter me and I said "nay ballher" (no problem to any foreign or native reader) So Mr. Raugh has asked me to come in tomorrow morning for an intro to watch a DVD and answer some questions for legal reasons. Hopefully I can bounce some questions off him and see what all is involved and all those other questions anyone sensible would ask.

So I took a wee drive down today to make sure I can find the place OK and I did so there is another bonus.

For a special surprise my next update on the blog will be a video due to popular demand and the fact some of my loyal fans back home struggle with reading.

No comments: